Transition into the adult world is difficult for all young people, but it is particularly challenging for adolescents with disabilities. To prepare for life after high school, we provide your child with the skills and strategies needed to survive—and thrive—in the workplace and community. We focus on the essential components of practical independence, such as life skills (budgeting, time management, organization) and social skills (cooperation, communication, peer relationships). We teach students to monitor themselves and will help your child discover and capitalize on his or her strengths.
We can provide one-on-one support for students to assist in the implementation of transitional plans developed by schools. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Individualized Tutoring for the Written Driver’s Test: For students with learning differences who benefit from visuals.
- Community Mobility Training: How to take public transportation, navigate to and from destinations, and problem-solve in certain situations, such as missing your bus or getting lost.
- Social Skills: How to communicate effectively, ask for help, network, collaborate, and maintain professional relationships.
- Professional Skills: How to survive in a work environment, including computer proficiency, administrative skills, and customer service.
- Life Skills: How to take care of yourself, including organizational strategies, self-advocacy, time and money management, building a support network, self-care, and self-regulation.
Our transition services can address:
- IEP Transition Goals
- Accomodations & Modifications
- Postsecondary Program Guidance
- Postsecondary Application Support
- Career Planning
- Social & Communication Skills
- Study & Organization Skills
- Academic Tutoring & Test Preparation
- Learning Style Assessment
- Long-Range Transition Planning
Specialized Learning Services
Direct Student Services (Pre-K – 12)
- Academic Services – Specialized Instruction
- Speech and Language Services
- Behavior Services
- Social Skills Training
- Executive Function Coaching
- Music Therapy
- Neuropsychological Evaluation
- Specialized Academic Evaluation
- Speech and Language Evaluation
- Functional Behavior Assessment
- Social Skills Assessment
- Executive Skills Assessment
- Music Therapy Assessment
- IEP Consultation
- Transition Planning
- Special Education Program Consultation
- Learning Disabilities
- Attention Deficit Disorders (ADD/ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Curriculum Adaptations